Network Architectures: Internet Routing (Seminar, WS 2013/14)
The Internet influences our life more and more:
Many of us use electronic mail instead of writing with pen and paper;
homebanking and ordering books over the web are in everyday life; and
elections via Internet are in field tests. Furthermore, the
interconnectedness gets denser and the day is near that every coffee
maker is programmable through the internet and every car connects to
its manufacturer for diagnosis.
This seminar deals with recent findings and scientific research papers concerning Internet routing. Topics range from improvement of routing algorithms, such as for the Internet, wireles mesh networks, or overlay networks, over topology detection and emulation to traffic engineering or secure routing.
- The mandatory preparatory meeting takes place on Friday October 18th, 2013 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in room MAR 0.015 (Marchstraße).
|Lecturers: ||Anja Feldmann
|Contact person: ||Carlo Fürst
Arne Ludwig 
Carlo Fürst 
|Event type: ||Seminar|
|Area: ||Diplom Informatik:
Operating and Communication Systems / Betriebs- und
Master of Computer Science: Communication-Based Systems (Master Informatik: Kommunikationsbasierte Systeme)
Master of Computer Engineering: Technical Applications (Master Technische Informatik: Technische Anwendungen)
Bachelor of Computer Science: Communication Technology (Bachelor Informatik: Kommunikationstechnik)
Bachelor of Computer Engineering: Computer Engineering (Bachelor Technische Informatik: Technische Informatik)
|Module(s): ||part of the modules
BINF-KT-NA/PJSE.W12 , MINF-KT-NA/VTK.W12 ,
(probably two or three days within the first two or three weeks in the semester breaks)
meeting: ||Friday October 18th, 2013|
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
||0432 L 822|
|Audience: ||bachelor students after their
basic studies (from the fifth semester on), master students, and
||intermediate diplom / basic modules, profound knowledge in
computer networks, good english for reading scientific
||talk and paper|
Intention of the seminar
- practice to work original literature
- practice of profesional/scientific talks
- occupation with a small, definite and recent matter
All Guidelines 
- Was is done in groups?
- What demands are made on the paper?
- What has to be considered for the talk and the preparation of the slides?
To receive the seminar certificate we require
- a successfull presentation/talk
- a seminar paper accepted by us
- continuous attendence and active participation and contribution (in the group meetings as well as during the presentations)
The seminar certificate will have a grade, which will be made from above mentioned Criteria.
- Huitema, Christian. Routing in the Internet. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1995. (english)
- James F. Kurose and Keith W. Ross. Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach . Addison-Wesley, fourth edition, 2007. (englisch), online version  (preliminary version of 1st edition, password will be given during the course)
- James F. Kurose und Keith W. Ross. Computernetze: Ein Top-Down-Ansatz mit Schwerpunkt Internet. Pearson Studium (Prentice Hall), München, Deutschland, 2002. (deutsch)
- Andrew S. Tanenbaum. Computernetzwerke . Pearson Studium (Prentice Hall), München, Deutschland, dritte revidierte Auflage, 2000. (deutsch)
- Andrew S. Tanenbaum. Computer Networks . Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, fourth edition, 2003. (english)
Lehre / Teaching, WiSe 13/14
- Network Protocols and Architectures (VL+UE) 
- Network Algorithms (VL+UE) 
- NA: Internet Routing (SE) 
- Wirelesslab (PR) 
Lecturer: Anja Feldman et al.
14.10.2013 to 15.02.2014
Location: MAR 0.015